Thursday, February 4, 2010

BUTTERFLIES INC. Knock off Anthropologie Necklace

A closer look at the knock off Anthropologie necklace..


"Oh, My, where did you get that necklace? It is so smokin' awesomely beautiful."
Me-- "Oh, you know, I just made it in my (so called) spare time."


I love jewelry, but if you know me, I hardly where my wedding ring. I totally love my husband, I just don't like to wear jewelry of any sort. So, this year I am going to be better and wear my ring and try out some jewelry, we will see how long I last. I will probably be in and out.
But!! I came across the beautiful and fun necklace I found at a local blog that found it at one of my favorite stores, ANTHROPOLOGIE. Man I love that store, a little pricey so we will be making some knock offs. Imagine the look for pennies on the dollar. Oh, this blog (below) has how to make it. She did an amazing job at explaining how to put it all together and what you need. I totally forgot to take pics along the way, else I would have explained it, but here is her tutorial:
http://infarrantlycreative.blogspot.com/2009/11/how-to-make-bonheur-necklace.html
OH, I changed mine up a little bit, I used multicolored pearl beads, and regular white tulle and some silky off white matrial that I already had. So, the necklace actually costed me less than $3 to make.

Enjoy being beautiful.

Piece O' Cake, Piece O' Pie

2 comments:

  1. I love jewelry to and don't wear any, not even my wedding ring! I makes me feel claustrophobic, like I am suffocating! That might be a major issue!

    ReplyDelete