Thursday, January 28, 2010

BUTTERFLIES INC. Little Saucer Chair Makeover


Sorry, didn't get a pic of the chair before I started to take it over, but you get the idea. Cut it at the seams

Naked chair (aka frame)

Lay the padding/(old chair seat) on desired new fabric and batting, cut around old chair seat.

After you have sewn the new chair together by lining up sides, you need to be able to connect the chair to the frame. You can make a rectangle about 4" wide and your desired length. Fold in half and sew. Turn outside right. You will need 8 total. Then sew on one side for buttons one side for button holes. Or you can use velcro.

And there you have it a cute new seat that you can take off and wash when your little one spills RED juice all over it.
My sweet neighbor gave my little daughter this cute chair, well, juice got to it and well, you can not wash it, so I made a new cover. So, the next time you are garage saling it or at your local thrift store, and think that is a cute chair, but hello nasty cushion. Make a new one! Happy sewing!
PS my inspiration came from one of my favorite sites http://makeitandloveit.blogspot.com/2009/11/recovering-kids-saucer-chair.html
Thanks so much Ashley!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you,
    Wish I could find someone to make it. My daughter loves the chair but like you said no way to remove and wash.

    ReplyDelete